Between her busy end of school projects and commitments, a growth spurt, and her dance schedule, my girl has been asleep on the couch for a little while now. The weather is warm, but the sun is playing a constant game of peek-a-book in the clouds so the haze makes it more of a lazy day than a rambunctious time with neighbor friends.
Today has been recoup day. Both kids cleaned their room from top to bottom, and my girl even cleaned out her desk and papers (and papers and papers and papers). My son helped me wash the family car, and rate by number the thousands of pictures taken by my husband yesterday (a catalog system of sorts so that the bads get separated from the goods, which then get separated to the bests), after he had some quality playtime out on the street with friends. My girl rode her bike and brushed (and spoiled) our dog before falling asleep. My husband did his favorite veg-out with yard maintenance while listening to a sports game through the outdoor speakers, while I have been picking up this and that in the house, laundry, and setting out 4th of July decor.
Productive. Recouping from the chaos of the last few weeks and prepping for one final crazy week before our lives come to a stretching halt of rest!
Now, I am going to kick up my feet. Among other books I bought this at Barnes and Noble this week and have been enjoying it. Since I already have a NIV Bible, I thought I'd buy a NLT version. I like how this provides an Old Testament reading, a New Testament reading, Psalms, and Proverbs passage for each day.
Recoup Sunday. Enjoying our day.
3 comments:
When is the recital?
Another stage rehearsal tomorrow night and final performances next weekend. =)
Are there more than the one performance?
Post a Comment