Friday, June 25, 2010

Dreams Happen

So, for the first time ever in my children's lives, I swam with them today.  I swam with them!!  I am so proud, excited, happy, and yes, tired.

We jumped in the pool at noon and we were off.  I lead the pack down the lane to begin with and it didn't hit me.  It felt like my (now regular) swim routine because I couldn't see them behind me in the lane.  I got to the other side and turned around to see them chasing after me. It made me smile. My daughter has stamina and got to the wall quick.  My son was veering away from the wall, but kept his own and eventually made it with out stopping.

From there we took turns taking off from the wall and waiting for the person in front to reach a certain distance before heading out.  At one time all I could see in front of me were my son's yellow and orange flippers, like duck feet, in front of my goggles as I caught up to him.  It was fantastic.

I swam next to them a few times too and that was when I got my pinch me moments.  Seeing my accomplished swimmers next to me while I was swimming along side of them; was very rewarding; the fear of water that used to stop me in my tracks had disappeared and the three of us were having summer fun together in the pool.

Our best buddies joined us at the pool too and were playing on the other side of the catwalk.  My son eventually tuckered out in the lap swim and opted to go play with the boys.  But my daughter was an Energizer Bunny and just kept doing laps for the entire hour with me.  I am so proud of her stamina and personal drive.

Dreams Happen ... whether it is me accomplishing a goal to learn how to swim and enjoy my children in the pool ... or my friend who is aboard a plane with her mom and sister to Ethiopia to bring home her fourth child, a boy named Isaac, through adoption. Dreams Happen!!  Yay for a great Friday world wide!!

3 comments:

Tina in CT said...

A big accomplishment for you! Hurray!

Mary Kathryn said...

Kudos to you on your bravery and awesomeness as a mom! What a wonderful story. There is nothing you can't do.

Natalie said...

thats awesome! good job!