Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Five - Cinque - Cinco - Cinq

Five equals the number of weeks left in wearing braces on my teeth!! It feels like I just won the lottery. I walked a little more upright and with a smile on my face despite the rain splattering about this afternoon. To hear my official end date at my ortho appointment today was like hearing angels singing a chorus of Hallelujah. I can not wait, November 16th can not come soon enough as it will be exactly 21 months of metal!

Happy chant that goes like this:

Oh yeah, gettin' my braces off, Oh yeah, gettin' my braces off, Oh yeah, gettin' my braces off ... before the holiday seaaaassssson!!

7 comments:

Tina in CT said...

I can bet you are anxiously awaiting the big day. Aren't you glad that you did it though?

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I am so excited for you!!!!

knitknerd said...

Excited for you! I just got my "buttons" off my teeth yesterday and am finding the smoothness of my teeth catching me off guard - still have to wear my trays until the final ones are done in about a month (just about the same time as you I guess) and then just nighttime wear! Maybe we should go out for a celebration coffee morning or something! And how great that you get to enjoy all those ooey gooey holiday treats!

Elle J said...

Fabulous Knitknerd ~ YES!! Let's go out for coffee/treat to celebrate!! Congrats to you too; can't wait for the same smoothness feeling (as my SIL says, slimy feel the first few days). Yea to us; we made it! :)

crispy said...

Way to go girl. You will be very excited about your fresh brace free teeth. How great.

MoscowMom said...

How great you got them in the first place!

:-)

I remember how amazing it felt to slide my tongue over my teeth the day they came off... Sooooo smooth...

Willow said...

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!! :)