My hubby and I have been in a dating slump - in that we've been so busy we haven't made time to get out of the house together without the kids. But tonight we were blessed with a wonderful evening. My parents had the kiddos during the day while I visited the dental chair, and they kept the kids a wee longer so that we could go out in the evening. (thanks, mom and dad!!)
We had a date night with friends outside on the patio of a golf course. It was wonderful. I cherish the times when you find friends that fit into your soul. The relationship started as our girls became friends in third grade. The Moms fell equally in friendship. We hitched our hubbies into the fold not too long ago - and another hit was made.
There were tears shed tonight - but only because we were laughing so hard. They've had a rocky summer, so to see them laugh to tears was refreshing. We shared stories upon stories - and waited until the moon came out before we headed our separate ways to home.
Friends Night Out - what a refreshing moment. Thank you, M&S, for a perfect evening ~ we'll need to make this a regular happening.
4 comments:
Time out without kids is important too. Do you still need babysitting?
Tina - Technically my girl is of age and responsible enough to stay home alone and care for her brother. However, she's not ready/interested/comfortable. We have grandparents that take them in a heart beat, so we will continue that for as long as we can. =)
I wasn's sure how old your daughter is so that's why I asked about the babysitting. You're fortunate to have grandparents that like to have the kids stay over.
I love the "fell equally in friendship" statement. =)
We are in heaven now that our daughter is old enough to baby-sit! Although we do occasionally have to do things like leave movie theaters or restaurants to mediate disagreements on the phone, so we sometimes still spring for the baby-sitter. =)
Post a Comment