For those in Blogville, you will appreciate and know what I'm talking about. For those outside of Blogville, you will probably think this is a little nuts. And maybe it truly is nuts, but I hold to the fact that God is no mistake, and He puts friendships together for a reason, and however it comes about is meant to be.
I really can't say how it started, other than last year at this time I fell into a blog that captured my interest. It was an account of a woman's life raising two beautiful children. The family was in the midst of waiting to adopt a child or children from Africa. Her story was unfolding before me and I was captured. She had a strong sense of self, a strong belief in all that God had mastered in her life, and a strong sense of humor.
Her blog was more forthcoming with her area of living than I have ever been on my blog, and I eventually learned that she lived in the same city as I. We had probably bumped into each other at the local grocery store, and passed on the street numerous of times. Our city is not that big.
Getting the courage to go for it, I sent her a private Facebook message (this is where the nuts part may fall into play). We bantered back and forth for a bit setting up the date and time to meet - and telling the other what we would wear to spot each other at the cafe. A week later we met; I in my Sole Hope Tee and she in her 147 Million Orphan apparel.
The rest, as they say, is history.
Each month we met and continued to grow closer. We found many "amazing" connections that I have referred to throughout the past year of blogging - the kind that only God orchestrates (down to our Grandmother's attending the same Church in Missouri while they were raising our fathers).
Fourty-eight hours ago she received news that their family had cleared American Embassy and their daughter in Ethiopia can come home. Forever. In less than twenty-four hours my friend will be getting on a plane to Africa and will return next weekend with their newest child. Amen!
As I type this - I know that she is going through a whirlwind of emotions as she preps to lay down her head one final night as a family of four. Their time is now - a year and additional months of waiting for their daughter are over. Tomorrow will mark the new chapter in their journey as a family of five. The wait is over. God has provided every detail and His plan of their adoption story has been completed.
I am thankful for last August when God directed me to her blog, for encouraging me to open the door, to become friends of this amazing woman and her family. Through my friend I have learned so much about myself, about serving others, about serving Orphans, about adoption, about friendship, about faith. I'll be thinking of her often this week, and counting down the minutes until she lands in America to greet her family at the airport with their Ethiopian Sweetheart.
All short of a year - what a ride it has been! Thank you, Darcee!
No comments:
Post a Comment