It was last Tuesday night and the day was spent with the kids running outside. My son zoomed into the house requesting to help make dinner. The menu I had planned called for basic barbecue chicken with a salad, but I was all for having some help.
I turned around from the kitchen sink and found my son getting out flour, baking powder, salt, and Crisco. Surprised, I asked him what he was doing, as I saw my computer screen had changed to a recipe. He said with a confident smile, "I'm going to change the menu. We'll be having Homemade Tortilla Chicken Wraps."
I love that my son is capable and eager to cook!!
It was delicious! The yield of Tortillas was at least 18, so we had plenty to spare (and found ourselves consuming them in nothing flat over the next few days).
The cutest part was that my son assembled each tortilla wrap specific to the family member he was serving it to - and I especially liked the napkin wrap around it! Some had Caesar dressing, others had Ranch, some had chives included, others had guacamole. All of us gave two thumbs-up!!
Thanks, Son, for a fantastic dinner!!
2 comments:
How fantastic that he loves to cook and is so creative.
How fantastic that he loves to cook and is so creative.
Post a Comment