Thursday, August 4, 2011

Where do I begin?!

We had the most relaxing camping trip - ever. I think the difference was that we stayed twice as long as we had in previous years, and it is somewhat amazing that we found previous years relaxing! I guess you don't know what you'd be missing until you know what you were missing.
We are finding our spot is at this particular state park. We've been back three years in a row. The draw is the lake. We worked hard this time to get the reserved spot that bordered the lake, with an easy trail from our camp to the water's edge. Only available to book nine months to the day prior to the adventure, it was a mad-dash scramble of fingers to click reserve before a competing camper beat us out.
Shifting our dates, we finally got the location on the site that we had longed for. And it lived up to every possible expectation that we had going into the week. It was perfect.
Fishing. Boating. Hiking. Lounging lake shore. Star gazing. Sun, sun, and more sun. Finally, our summer has arrived while camping and it was perfect. Zero mosquito bites, no wind, no rain, easy, relaxing fun. I don't even know where to begin in my journal telling.
I am down two duffle bags worth of clothing cycled through the washer and dryer, so between the other two I have left to go, before moving onto sleeping bags, I will find time to blog about our adventures.
The wilderness is the perfect escape from "real life". The photos and writing I will do about our trip will hopefully help take me back during the long winter days when I long again for nights out in a tent, warm sunshine, and cooking over an open fire.

3 comments:

Tina in CT said...

Beautiful pictures. I bet it was a fantastic time. Does your brother and his family go too?

Rachael said...

Great pictures and your description actually makes camping sound enticing. (If you knew me IRL that statement would make you laugh.)

Elle J said...

Rachael - Ha Ha Ha - if you knew me IRL, you'd know how much I did not really "rough it" while tenting. Maybe I'll have the courage to divulge in a post. =)