We would hit the free breakfast from the hotel about 8:30am every morning, and then went to the pool by 9:30. Some days we spent all day rotating from the water to the lounge chairs on deck. Reapplying sunscreen, chatting, sleeping, and playing games on our water toys proved to be a huge family hit.
We brought snacks to last the day, and one day used the barbecue provided to the hotel guests on the lawn. My hubby cue'd up Oysters, Clams, and Shrimp, and created a fantastic barbecue sandwich out of lunch meat for our Chicka who is not into Seafood.
The heat. The heat was lovely. Oh, we were in need of consistent sun and warmth after our very cool temperature summer. Our skin is now bronzed, our bones are now warmed up, and now we are ready for the school year. We'll remember the view from our room to carry us through the grey days of winter!
The Lake is glacier fed, and while it is freezing to enter - it warms up fast and is refreshing! My husband was the first to enter and swim to the buoys. My daughter was next. Our son tried - I give him credit. I ... well ... I could barely walk on the rocky lake surface to get very far into the water. Call it an excuse, or call it sensitive feet, but I deemed myself photographer rather quickly and stayed knee deep when I gladly landed on a patch of sand.
All things water - when the weather and view is so gorgeous - is a perfect vacation!




1 comment:
Beautiful area. Where did you go?
Post a Comment