We woke up for early church service today. The message was so fantastic - the kind that speaks to exactly an event happening in your life. Then our family parted ways. The boys went home to enjoy an afternoon spent outside, while the girls took a little girl time for school clothes shopping.
Part of our journey took us to the university campus where my daughter dreams of going to school. We went to the universities bookstore for some logo school supplies, but diverted to a logo'd tee instead. We had a fun conversation for much of the afternoon about college - and seeing her get so excited about all the possibilities ahead of her was a bonus. She is just so stinkin' cute - I love spending time with her giggles and laughter and cute one liners.
We traveled to there and back hitting different stores along the way. I appreciated that this year she is all about her own style. She is now thinking big picture, mixing and matching, creating styles and outfits with a purpose for a look that she has pulled together. She has a good eye - and I am glad that she is not just shopping the stores where media/trends/whomever it is that says this store is the one to shop at.
Not saying it will always be this way - but embracing her energy and her personal style while it is a current happening.
She is just growing before my eyes. I heart her so very much. A true sparkle glistens in her eye when she tells a story, full of smiles, her blond hair growing with incredible cuteness (never a bad hair day - she got her Aunt's gene on that one!! Lucky girl), and just a heart of gold. Hmmm, could just smother her with love!
What a wonderful day.
1 comment:
I always loved our back-to-school shopping at the CT shore. We lived summers at the shore and would wait for a rainy weekday in mid August to hit the next two towns for all day shopping. Right after breakfast we'd head out and would have lunch and drinks in a small cooler in the car to eat in the car. I had an MG that I drove in the warm seasons so my little car was full upon our return home at suppertime. My daughter and I mentioned our tradition a few years ago and what fun it was.
You and your daughter will look back on these days.
Post a Comment