My husband and I vacationed to La Jolla, California six years ago for our ten year anniversary, leaving the kids behind. Neither of us had been to Sea World, so we went during that trip and it was entertaining. Six years later, the kids are now well aware of Sea World and have been asking to go. Although we are far from world travelers, we have had our fair share of interesting vacation destinations under our family belt. Therefore, not wanting to repeat California as the kids have been to Disneyland, we opted to take up the advice of our friends and check out Sea World San Antonio.
Now having been to two of the three Sea Worlds, I would say that the San Antonio offers much more. Not only do you see the Shamo Show, Viva Divers, and the chance to feed dolphins, but the Lost Lagoon Waterpark is fantastic and an incredible addition to the water celebration that Sea World promotes.
We spent two days at Sea World. The first was all about the animals and exhibits and a few rides. The second day was all about getting wet in Lost Lagoon and more rides. My children have never been to a water park. I know, hard to believe. But it is not due to the fact that they don't know how to swim, as they are well accomplished in that sport, rather it was because neither of them are too adventurous ... until. this. trip.
A day well spent. They went on water slides and waves pools and my son went on roller coasters that I wouldn't venture on (which to be honest, isn't saying much, but at least so far he does not continue in my chicken footsteps). Full sun, shade for lunches and breaks, swim suites all day long. Doesn't get much better than that. Lost Lagoon Park at Sea World is a must-do for kids of all ages and bravery levels.
My husband paving the way for the kiddos.
5 comments:
FUN! We never made it to Sea World in San Antonio, but it looks great. I do love the Riverwalk, though. Glad you had a great time there.
Kristen has been begging to be taken to Sea World for awhile now. She wanted to go when we were in Florida, but we didn't have time.
I'll have to keep San Antonio in mind! My kids do LOVE water parks. I can't believe this was a first for yours!
Lots of fun and a good way to keep cool in the water.
Rachael ~ Although I have not been to Florida, I would highly recommend Sea World TX!! If you lean that way, I can give you all my hotel info, etc. privately as we loved all of the places we stayed.
Mary Kathryn ~ If you go back to visit TX, Sea World and Lost Lagoon is the place for Andrew and your new little one. Things for big kids and small kids. :)
Post a Comment