Sunday, August 16, 2009

Baseball

Usually the kids have been to at least two professional baseball games before we reach this part of the season, but for some reason this year was not like prior years. We enjoyed bleacher outfield seats as a four-some today enjoying the kids' first game of the season and the return of the sunshine. The kicker that topped it off was a blowout win!
My son made this sign last year, saved it, and brought it back out today. The story behind it goes that our local sports station which broadcasts the games had a Commentator who choose to give free French Fries to someone in attendance at a game two seasons ago. We were down points that game, the free fries were deemed the answer that brought us luck as we found points after to win the game. So the nice gesture became a new tradition and it was named the Rally Fries, for those games when we are behind and we need to Rally to get some points. Now many make signs to see if they can get the broadcasters attention, and if chosen, a woman with a microphone followed by a camera crew will appear at your side about the 7th inning with your free Rally Fries ... and a spot on television.

Although we were up the entire game, we didn't need the sign, and there were no Rally Fries given out, but my son was still determined to wave and DANCE with his sign the entire game. We made sure he knew the rules not to his raise the sign during play, as the surrounding crowd would not have appreciated the green neon in their face during a home run hit or amazing tag ... but he could continue his dance moves. He did.
We are headed off for a family vacation which will involve air travel and a car rental to a state we've never adventured into, so I will make this my last post as I have much to do. I wish an enjoyable week for everyone and I'll catch up when I return.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had to let you win at least one game. We are up 71/2 games on Boston and didn't want to rub it in.

Unknown said...

Anonymous ... Watching A-Fruad strikeout to end the game made my day and made the season a bit sweeter. It would of been nice to get more wins in the series, but given that we are playing with half of a team due to injuries and trades, I'll take the final game and smile all day long.

Anonymous said...

I am happy when A-Rod stikes out. I do not like him, he is not a true "Yankee". Jeter, did break a record and get three hits, that made my day.

Rachael said...

Have a great vacation!

Kathy said...

Cute sign! Maybe he can use it at the next game.
Enjoy your vacation! I look forward to reading about it.

Aly Beth said...

haha, i love the sign!!

~Aly