Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Pototo Salad Recipe

My mom rocks in her salad recipes. Here is another that she has made this summer that I completely enjoy eating. I do not have a photo to post with it, but know that it looks great!

Potato Salad
Serves 8-10

4-5 lb red potatoes
4-5 hard boiled eggs, diced
2T dill pickles, cubed (she uses a little more)
4 stalks celery, chopped
1/4 Cup yellow onion diced fine

Boil or steam potatoes. Let cool. Cube or slice (she cubes).
To potatoes add eggs, pickles, celery, onion

Dressing:
1/3 to 1/2 Cup mayonnaise
2 very generous teaspoons of yellow mustard
Mix until dressing is pale yellow and season with paprika, dill, salt, and pepper.
Add dressing to potato mixture, toss together. Refrigerate until serving.

3 comments:

Tina in CT said...

Sounds delicious. Does she leave the skins on the red potatoes?

Rachael said...

That is actually pretty similar to how I make potato salad. I never use a recipe though, so it's always a little different each time! I'm still making your other salad recipe. That's been my new fave all summer.

Natalie said...

have a good barley soup recipe? I have been craving this.