My son blamed my daughter and me of adding too much sugar to our oatmeal and cereal this morning, as I was losing it and he was cracking up. It all started while I was in the kitchen talking to my husband (whose den is just down the hall) about printing some 5x7's for our entry table; when my son entered and said, "Mom ... dad left for a meeting." OH, I guess I didn't get that goodbye. I was brushing my teeth upstairs and he was running late; he thought blowing a kiss up the stairs to the kids included me. That was a good fifteen minutes before I found myself talking to my target audience who was out of the house. All is good.
Then the day just got funnier from there. We had to buy Foot Undies for my daughter. She will wear these at her Modern Dance class and they look like this:
To replay all the scenarios of laughter and giggles about truly nothing, but we all found funny, would come across as too confusing. So I will just leave it that we laughed our way through the dance store, the mall, and Costco. And, by the way, I would suggest not trying to find boys' jeans 36 hours prior to the first day of school. They were literally sold out at Old Navy (our favorite fit). The weather forecast looks promising for shorts on the first day, but rain by day two.It was a good last day of summer.
5 comments:
Now I've seen and heard everything - foot undies. Are they to be worn barefoot for dance class?
Happy 1st day of school to the kids on Wed.
Tina ~ Yes, exactly. Isn't that a funny name, but they do look like Undies.
For class they can wear any color style (there are leopard and zebra print, solid colors, etc) but for the exams and recitals, they will need to be nude color.
I figured why not let her have some style and fun during class/home practice where she will be the most during the year. :)
What is the purpose of these? I'm clueless.
Tina,
They have a little cushion built into the bottom where the foot pad hits and it is to help dancers dance barefoot ~ they can turn more easily on their feet, jump, etc.
They replace jazz shoes; Modern is more barefoot, thus the Foot Undies.
She will have the cutest little ballerina feet in class.
Post a Comment