As soon as I saw the trailer on the television for the Julie and Julia movie, I ran to my email and typed my mom an invite to go see it with me on opening day. We added it to our calendar and the day finally arrived. Going to the first showing this morning, we thoroughly enjoyed the movie. We could see ourselves in both of the women during certain parts of the movie.
The scatter of Julie's life, the current day blogger who has thoughts and wants a purpose in order to focus herself on a challenge, was easy to identify with and we found ourselves laughing at her one liners and situations she's put herself into. Julia Child, the peppy woman who had a love for eating and no formal training in culinary expertise prior to moving to France with her diplomat husband, came to life on the big screen with Meryl Streep. We could relate to Child too, but in ways that would give some storyline away.
In the end, the movie captivated our hearts and made us both walk out of the theater wanting some really great food, to find a great cookbook and go for it, to have a purpose and a deadline to meet. So, we hiked it over to Red Robin laughing of course ... it was the only restaurant nearby and we were on a time line in our day!! How ironic.
A must-see. Relax and enjoy the movie with a girlfriend. Free your mind of all your to-dos, and then be inspired to just get to it when the credits roll and the lights come up!
I am off to my next journey of the day; an Art Walk which will feature my daughter's work from her Drawing Class. A cultured day; theater and an Art Walk! A fun Friday.
4 comments:
I wondered if it was any good. I'll have to find someone to go with me.
My girlfriend and I are planning to go see it this month. The ads for it look great.
I have yet to see previews for this movie, but I've read several good reviews on blogs, so I guess I'll have to keep my eye out for it when it hits Paperview.
I want to see this so much! You've confirmed it.
Post a Comment