I know the Twilight series is on the top of a lot of people's book list, but I just don't think it sounds appealing; you will really have to convince me that vampires and love really go together (or maybe I have a misunderstanding about the book).
I am looking for some insight on what "next book" I should dig into. I just finished The Shack. Prior to that, a very opposite story line I read was Firefly Lane. I found both interesting in different ways.
I like a lot of dialogue in my books. I am not much into just descriptive writing or thoughts; although I enjoyed Eat, Pray, Love immensely. Chick flick stories are good, but I really prefer more deep thought provoking books or social issue type of books like the Tortilla Curtain and suspense thrillers like a Jodi Picoult book. I know, I already hear some of you saying, then read "Twilight", right?
While I won't be headed to the big book store Barnes and Noble very soon, perhaps there is a book worth buying at Target, I am going there tomorrow. Maybe I will browse and see what I can find ... maybe it will be Twilight. Do I dare?? Just the thought makes me wince. Hmm.
6 comments:
I am reading "The Red Tent" for the third time now. It is a Christian book, but risque. It gives intimate details of the lives of four sisters-- turned four wives of Jacob and their child bearing years. Even though it is a book set in b.c. it covers contraception, abortion, suicide, loyalty, and many other hot topics of today! A very interesting read.
Unfortunately, I have had a really hard time getting into any book this year. I've started so many and have yet to really get into any of them. So, I too am looking for something to get into! Let us know what you find at Target, okay?
hmm, I dislike being inbetween books. i feel lost. Right now I'm reading "1776" a historical work, bought at...Target!
It's not bad, a tad dry.
With your love of animals and desire to read about social issues, Richard Adams' Watership Down is a beautiful oldie that I love, love, love.
i am reading twilight right now and i am enjoying it. i like her writing style. it's an easy read, not super deep but enjoyable. i now it sounds weird about the vampires but it's not yucky or anything...and it is a love story, promise...:)
I resisted twilight too. It did not seem up my alley at all. But, I really did love it! It sucks you right in. I think you should try it, just to see what you think. It certainly wouldn't be torture or anything! :)
I recently read and liked "The Book Thief." It sounds like it might fit your criteria.
Post a Comment