Yesterday was St. Lucia Day in our household and our immediate family tradition has always been to celebrate in the evening, versus the morning (I am a morning person, but since my first babe arrived on the scene twelve years ago, it was easier for us to prep and celebrate in the evening).
However, this year St. Lucia Day landed on Piano Monday, a 4th Grade Music Concert night, and a school night. So, our tradition was just tailored to fit around our busy schedule this year.
After my son's concert, we arrived home to my dear dad's yummy St. Lucia bread, my sweet friend's gift of delicious mini cupcakes, and milk
...and unwrapped meaningful St. Lucia gifts from my parent's around the Christmas Tree in pajamas ....
... while snuggling with our favorite furry friend by the warmth of the fire ...
... all the while watching Frosty The Snowman.
It was the perfect little twist to our traditional tradition. Cozy. Warm. Family. Love.
And the bonus of the entire day was watching my son perform at the music concert as Blitzen in the song Blitzen's Boogie. Once again, my son's ad lib skills were put to good use and he had perfect-fun!! He danced his way around the front of the stage wearing jingle bell antlers while his peers sang Blitzen's Boogie behind him. It was a real hit to the festive concert; and the rest of the show was just as spectacular!
A fantastic day!
2 comments:
What a nice tradition that you observe the day. As a little girl, I used to put my wooden shoes out for St. Nicholas as my maternal grandfather was from Holland.
My dog cozies up the air vent as I never use the living room fireplace as it makes the rest of the house so cold and stinks up the upstairs. Not an efficient one. I miss having fires as I grew up in a colonial build in 1760and one of the fireplaces was so large that several adults could stand in it.
The ornaments were perfect for your kids.
Oh, I love it! What a fun tradition :) The pictures are great!
Post a Comment