Every Thursday I volunteer in my son's fourth grade classroom, and every week it is a potpourri and surprise as to what I will be doing. I have a great working relationship with his teacher, having known her for two years as my daughter's third and fourth grade teacher, and I completely support her ideas.
She is very kind and overly pampering of her volunteers. She was cautious when she shared her project for today; I could tell she knew she was treading on shaky ground asking me to ....
Before I continue, for those who are not aware, I am not an artistic nor crafty person. I can squeak by with much thought, time, and a lot of determination, but it is not something that comes easily to me and my end result of success is usually questionable.
Today and next Thursday, I will be creating this for my son's classroom:
Gulp. Really?!!
I traced the copy of the black and white sketch using a fancy overhead projector in an empty portable on the recess field. Alone with the rain pouring down outside, I was working fast to get phase one completed, while sweating bullets in anticipation about how I am going to pull off the paint project next week.
My husband is an artist. I am already working my paragraph of persuasion to address to him over dessert tonight. I am certainly crossing my fingers, hoping that he is free and clear of meetings so he can join me next week from 9:00 to 10:30am to paint. Bribery of a hot, yummy drink from Starbucks that morning might finalize the deal.
I know my husband is artistic enough, but am I? We'll find out next week ....

1 comment:
I am very crafty, sew, knit, needlepoint, embroider, etc. but DO NOT draw or paint. If I were you, I beg the husband to do it.
Check out the comment my cousin just left on my tradition post on my blog. I'd have forwarded it to you but don't have your email.
Post a Comment