A few summers ago we had a bird build a nest in a flower pot that hangs from the side of our front porch pillar. Yesterday while I was teaching piano, I noticed a bird flying back and forth under my porch eaves by my window. I knew what it was doing and it was so fun to see from the corner of my eye it flutter by while my student's played.
This morning my son took a picture of the new nest that was built in a day. I am so excited to see the momma bird nesting soon with her eggs. And then the little ones hatching before first flight. As far as we know, the last time a bird nested here, everything turned out fine. Hoping the same this time around too.
My son did not want me to post a bird story with a cat story; since cats eat birds. But since these cute kitties do not live at our house, I consider it safe. Here is a sweet picture that my son took of his cousins' cat on Sunday. We went to my brother's house for a birthday celebration and their cats kept all of the guests company. Fluffy, cuddly cats that like to lounge on the sofa and under covers, and has been witnessed walking the top banister of their open staircase (enough to give me the shivers and sweaty palms) with the ease as if they were walking on green grass. The girls love their furry friends.
My 12 year old niece owns Miss Pilot:
My 10 year old niece owns Iffy:
3 comments:
Your post reminded me to go take down the evergreen wreath on our door! lol. Because...
Every year, birds build a nest in it, and then the family won't let me take it down and then we're embarrassed to have it up til summer. =)
Rachael ~ that is funny. Yes, that would be a tough call. Although the bird nest part in the wreath is great, not sure if I could stand seeing the wreath for so long. I would probably have to yank that quickly before the debate even started. LOL.
the first cat looks cool. He reminds me of a grumpy old man. I love grumpy old guys. They crack me up.
Post a Comment