Monday, March 22, 2010

Misc Monday


Funny what you learn in blogland.  I was reading a blog over the weekend and she mentioned a frustration about blogger; how her uploaded pictures were not able to be moved through her text.  I had been having the same problem, until I realized that the problem was only occurring when I was using my Google Chrome browser.  So I made a comment.  I went back to that same blog to see if my suggestion worked, and another person made a comment to upgrade the blogger editor with in Blogger.  No more dragging photos around to make them just-so in the text; and many other quick upload enhancements.  I followed her suggestion and it works so much better!  Amazing what you find in blogland. 
I hurt.  I am in a dull zone at the gym and decided that I would switch my exercise routine up.  Now I remember why I was in a dull zone, I really like cardio so much better than weights.  I hurt because I did the majority of my workout yesterday on weights.  Since I have not stuck with the weights on a routine basis, I keep getting stuck on the hurt part.  I am curious if I stick with the weights more consistently, will the pain eventually go away?  Because if not, I am so going back to majority cardio.  What's the fun of this?  I hurt. 
I sat in the school library this morning listening to my daughter's classroom present their CBA projects.  Luckily the time did not interfere with my scheduled piano lessons today, so I was able to attend.  Unfortunately, out of 30 students, only five were represented with parents. Those five students got to go first, and it took one hour. The teacher was kind and dismissed us for the day, the other 25 students would just present to the classroom. The history subject matter was all the same, but it was interesting to see how the students went about presenting their work.  And bravo for the student's parents ... you could tell on all of those presented thus far, that the students really did write their summaries.  Yes!  Having the kids take ownership for their academics is so important; glad we all let them sail. 
My daughter is building a rocket in my kitchen.  She started yesterday before we left to another March Birthday gathering for my extended, loving family.  With the help of her dad, they were able to get part of the rocket put together.  They will be painting tonight, adding decals tomorrow, and turning it in on Wednesday.  The project is stacked at the end of my counter.  Thankfully, the engine and rocket boosters were kept in the safe hands of a school employee, and not sent home.  At least it won't be exploding in my kitchen.  The rocket is for next week's fifth grade camp.  I hope my daughter has good duck and cover skills as I am not too confident that all rockets will be headed up.  Some may find themselves sideways.  Should be a lot of fun and very interesting. 

Happy Misc. Monday!

3 comments:

Rachael said...

In my experience, if you stick with the weights, the soreness will go away. In fact, usually if I am really sore from a work-out, if I force myself to go again the next day, it will somehow make it better the next day, whereas normally I would be sore for a few days if I quit doing that activity.

Ellen said...

Wow, a rocket — I'm impressed! School projects have changed a lot since I've been in school :)

Elle J said...

Rachael ~ thanks for the tip, I will keep moving forward then.

E.B. ~ school projects have definitely changed ... and so has the math!!