Today was a day spent in taking care of business.
I remember last year my daughter grew out of her swimsuit with a month remaining in summer. Bad timing, but I was not going to deny the sweetie pool time with her friends, so off to Target I went in search of a suit. I remember it was slim pickings and I had to resort to a bikini, which I have always tried avoiding. I don't think two pieces are awful, it just has never been my first choice. This spring she got a very cute one piece Speedo for Easter and we forgot to try it on; after all Spring weather had not sprung and we were dodging raindrops that day and after. But she tried it on yesterday and we found it was too small. She had to reach for the bikini. Taking matters into my own hands early this year, I took the kids shopping for a one piece for my girl and she got a very cute one from Justice. Open in the back and scooped neck in the front, it is just enough pizzazz to pull off cute with out too much flaunt. I am happy and she is thrilled.
We came home to a neighborhood filled with adults washing boats and cars. I joined them while my husband continued on yard work. He really is brillant in that regard; I do not take it for granted. I really appreciate everything he does to make our yard look so good. I enjoy washing the cars, however, I do not enjoy the vacuuming part. The noise of the canister vaccumm can easily send me over the edge. So I opted to just wash, which lead to washing off the porch and driveway too; another favorite taking care of business thing I like to do. Now we have sparkling cars and cement!
The kids continued their play time with friends, and my son found a salamander, which like yesterday's adventure with the frog, occupied his time. We are in a neighborhood of girls, and he is getting to that point of breaking away from "all that girls stuff". The two other boys in his age range are brothers and they were gone this weekend. I am glad for the critters that roam our yard that he finds intriguing.
Showers are going and the BBQ is just about ready to be fired up. A relaxing family dinner is in store for the evening. I am thankful for our sunshine and a relaxing weekend of taking care of business.
1 comment:
Oh...the joys of finding a suit for a little girl. UGH. I always order from Lands End.
Post a Comment