Fourteen Hours, the amount per day that I need to wear my bands on my braces!! The Orthodontist said I was in maintenance mode. Talk about a Hallelujah!!
While I will still have four triangles hanging around my mouth that are highly visible, I will no longer need to wear them all day. And, AND! the thick grey chain that used to connect every upper tooth with the one next to it got to stay behind at the office too. I am back to looking like a normal brace face; thin wire, no bands, for all of my hours away from the house.
In four weeks I will return for some maintenance work on my lower front teeth. Apparently my teeth are an upside triangle shape where they are wider at the top than the bottom and this interferes with a good alignment. So, my doctor will reshape these teeth ever-so-carefully. I am not worried as I trust my doctor's meticulous way about him, and I have seen and heard him do this procedure on other patients. I will not be the first.
I feel like I can catch a glimmer of the end. A good day.
1 comment:
I remember wearing braces all too well, it's no fun, but it will be so worth it when your done.
When I first got mine off and would get complimented on my smile I used to say "it aught to be nice, I paid enough money for it!"
Post a Comment