Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A look and a deal




How can I say No to this face?! I stumbled across this set of photos on our computer. They were undoubtedly taken by my son a few weeks ago. He loves to take the camera off the shelf and play; his favorite subject being our dog. This is Cora's famous every day look of sweetness that gets her pretty much every thing that she wants. But if she is pulling a real naughty trick, like digging in the fresh flower bed dirt, uprooting as she goes, then she will quickly run the opposite direction then she will turn to give you her sweet look, which melts your heart, and you surrender the discipline look.

My son is requesting piano lessons from me this summer. I agreed. And then he stated, "Only if I give you drum lessons." Sigh. I think it is fantastic that he is learning the drums, but I would rather not play the drums. Seeing the look on my face, I must not have covered it too well, he quickly added, " ... or camera lessons." Bingo, you got yourself a deal!

This will be interesting. He has higher mechanical skills and I am opposite. I tend to break more than I learn from ... and he'll have to learn to come prepared for piano lessons. I'll keep you posted how our deal works out.

6 comments:

Rachael said...

Sounds like a win-win for all! You'll have to let us know how it all works out.

maureenh said...

Cora looks so much like my Beagle Sir Galahad, you can see him on Carrie's pet site. He melts our hearts also.

Elle J said...

Maureen ~ I know of Cora's babies, but I do not know about her siblings. Do you know if they are Brother/Sister? She was born 3/24/05 and was originally named Grace by Carrie. I just love all her dogs, she is a fantastic lady! Galahad looks very sweet. :)

Tina in CT said...

Nothing can compare to a hounds' expressions. My first dachshund had the most sorrowful expressions and also adorable ones. My two females never could equal his expressions. Fritz would cock his head to the side and have the most sorrowful look.

Your Cora is so cute.

maureenh said...

Sir G. was born 4/06/04. Although Carrie had the puppies at her house he is Starbuck Torbay Sir Galahad. He is very sweet now, but the puppy days were horrible. I think I almost hated him until he was 18 mos. old, and he was not so fond of me. He is my boss, but he misses me if I am gone for a minute. He is truly a love!!!!

Mary Kathryn said...

The first photo is so precious! I love all of them. Your creative, sweet boy strikes again - can't wait to hear how your lesson trade-offs go!