Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Summer Break

On Wednesdays this year I have volunteered in my children's school classrooms; 2nd and 4th grades. They have very dedicated teachers that keep me focused on task after task and I enjoy it. It gives me insight into my kiddos school day and my time is not wasted.

Today I could feel the vibe of summer approaching as the kids bounced from one classroom wall to another. Out of their seats and talking and wandering and not paying attention. It was obvious, we have hit the last month of the school year. It didn't help either that the sun returned today. That can add an extra element of crazy. But that isn't really a complaint for we all need our Vitamin D around here!

So, with summer fast approaching, my husband and I recently sat down to make a family vacation plan. We booked tickets to Texas. Why that state? Because we like to venture into new territory, and that is one of the states we have yet to see. Destination? Sea World San Antonio. We'll be spending our time between the animals, the Riverwalk, and the Gulf of Mexico. I hear it is a fabulous choice from my neighbors who are Texans.

As I research all the travel websites, I must admit that I am getting bogged down with too much information on Hotels. Which one should we book? I want a great outdoor pool for the kids, I want cleanliness, affordability, free breakfast would be a bonus but not a have to, and convenience to Sea World and downtown.

So Blogger Friends, send me a comment if you have one to share about a great family hotel that meets my criteria. And while you are at it ... let me know of any great must do restaurants or must see activities while we are there.

Counting down the days to summer; we are so close!

2 comments:

Rachael said...

How fun that you just picked a random state 'cause you've never been there. I bet you will love the Gulf. But, I've never been there, so can't offer any pointers. Except to say that I HAVE been to Texas in the summer plenty and it is HOT.

MoscowMom said...

Oh... We lived there... I often miss the food!!! We loved the fast food chain 'Taco Cabana.' Healthy, yummy choices and real margaritas! We also LOVED "La Fogata." If there's a Z-Tejas there, try the cajun fish tacos and chili chocolate pie. Have fun!