The kids and I had a great day spending time with their cousins and Aunt (my sister-in-law). The kids are like four peas in a pod; always happy to be together doing the kid thing that they do best ~ laughter, giggles, laughter.
We met at a pottery store where you get to choose off the shelf, paint to your heart's content, and then come back seven days later for the finished pottery product. As the kids were sitting at their table, happily painting and being very patient with their individual projects, it dawned on me that I forgot our camera. I was so frustrated with myself. It was definitely a camera-worthy moment.
I will repost with pictures when we receive the finished masterpieces. I will confess that I kept thinking of this neat site (and her blog) while I was engrossed in watching the kiddos create. I think I might have to go back on my own when the kids are in school and do something myself; I was kinda inspired today. Both my SIL and I admitted that we are low on the pottery artistic pole, so we need all the concentration we can get without conversation in order to get anything remotely well done.
Paint Away!
2 comments:
Yes, do share the finished product!
Yes, Nat is the creative one in our family. We all like to paint, but we usually hit her up for ideas and we usually get her to "fix" our mess-ups! :)
You know what I used to do when I would go to the pottery store before I had all my own stuff, I would ask the girl if I could take home my piece of bisque and then I would search magazines and the internet for inspiration and pencil on my design (pencil burns up/disappears when it's fired). Sometimes I would spend hours just penciling in my design before I would go back to the store to paint it. Sometimes they charge you by the hour to be there. Don't tell anyone this, but I get some of my ideas from scrapbook magazines. 'Papercrafts' I think it's called, is my favorite. And then people think you're creative when really you just stole the ideas from some other artsy person...:) I can't wait to see what you guys painted! Don't forget to post the pictures.
Post a Comment