Thursday, August 28, 2008

Fast Thinkin'

So we have crashed in the sun department in the West and it really is not very fair, I mean, it is still August! But I will refrain about our aggrevation with weather because it really becomes boring to hear us complain. In addition, with the hurricane approaching the U.S., I know in all seriousness that we really don't have much to complain about around here.

Today I filled up my cloudy day at the kids' pediatricians office for their annual well-child checkups. Having upcoming birthdays, I finally got smart and scheduled early enough to hit the summer window so time off from school was not necessary. Our pediatrician, whom we've adored from day one, moved toward retirement, so we have a new doctor. Today was the test. She blew us away with flying colors. We are happy!

Looking in my son's chart, she noticed that his chicken pox booster was ready. However she let it slip that the booster recommendation was from age 8 to 12; "So we can get that done today." My quick witted, mathematical son pipped up and said, "Well, no, cuz I'm not really 8 until October, so I'll just wait until I'm 10. Yep, I'll get it when I'm 10. It's between 8 and 12."

He escaped the booster ... with a chuckle from the doctor and a smirk from his mother.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Too bad they didnt have that stuff when the rest of us were little. I dont remember the pox, but a couple of scars show up when I get a tan.