Sunday, August 24, 2008

A Little Light

It is amazing what a little light will do to cheer up a room. We did not upgrade our living room when we moved into our house five years ago (I can't believe I am correct when I type that number; seems like yesterday). While I knew that an upgrade would be nice, I have never felt like it was a necessity. This room is mainly used for holiday gatherings and on Monday's when I host piano lessons (all day long); and for both occasions it has worked just fine.

But this week we were thankful when it was mentioned that Grandma had always wanted my husband to receive her living room lamps. I must say that they really do fit perfectly in our living room. They add so much to the large room, that I can't imagine that we had not purchased lamps before. However, seeing these particular lamps make me extra happy because I know they were a gift from Grandma.

The cranberry leather chair was a gift from my Grandmother after she passed away about 15 years ago. I loved her cranberry chair in her living room and I love it in my living room. I'm very particular about that chair; the kids and the dog both know that it is a very special chair.

I am glad for the little light and red chair in our living room; memories of two amazing, strong, heart warming women!

3 comments:

Mary Kathryn said...

Lovely! You have a knack for decorating with a less-is-more, classy style. And what a great way to work in the sentimental pieces to make such a beautiful space.

Suzanne said...

That looks like a perfect spot to curl up in for book reading.

Willow said...

you could totally bring that chair for your next photoshoot, i wouldnt mind :) you know how i love me some chairs :) and that one is a beautiful classic...