Sunday, September 30, 2012

Curls

Two posts in a row about my girl?! What can I say, she takes lots of photos with her electronics and I get the benefit of having her send some to me. This one shows off her hairstyle of the day.
My girl was blessed with really thick hair (her dad's side of the family) and the undertaking to curling is a very long process. This took an hour, and by the time we were nearing the end, I was just trying to maintain my Good Mom status who originally agreed to curl it!

Even though I knew what I was getting myself into before I said Yes, it always sounds like a good idea in the beginning, however, it is never as much fun as anticipated. We've been down this road many times, but save it for only those rare, yearly occasions that make the curl worth it (holidays, family gatherings, professional picture days). There is no way we can do this on any school day.

Ahh, hold that comment, I just had an idea. The next two hour snow day delay I will curl my girls hair for school. Why not?!  She will love it. I'll surprise her.

Today is my sweet niece's 14th Birthday and we were gathering at a new restaurant in our town for a dinner celebration party. But, my girl had to get all of her homework completed - an early timeline than just dinner because we also had our neighborhood's End of Summer Barbecue taking place before the family gathering. Squeezing in some social time with friends on the block was a nice treat to this warm September day.

Back to this morning, insert the deal - "Momma, will you curl my hair while I do my Language Arts assignment on your bed?"  Yesssss!! Anything that multi-tasks sounded great to agree with. Upon completion she ran into her bathroom to snap the photo.

Homework done, Barbecue fun, ending the day with family all in Curls was a great Sunday to me!!

Happy 14th Birthday, Sweet Niece!!! xo

3 comments:

Tina in CT said...

Great picture. Did she take it herself with her phone?

Do you use a curling iron? What about using old fashioned rollers?

Elle J said...

Yes, another photo she snapped herself using her iTouch. This style was curled with a "wand" which is basically just a hot stick, and I take tiny sections of hair and twist them around the wand, hold it, and then untwist. Haha - I haven't even thought about "old fashioned curlers". Christmas wish list!! Thanks! =)

Rachael said...

It looks great!

Kristen has naturally curly hair, but she went through a phase where she wanted it straight. A really good "mom" straight iron took an hour! The girl has sooooo much hair. I'm glad she's into wearing it curly now. =)