Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First Day

What a fun way to start my day to see my kids excited to start their new schools. Sure there were nerves, but the anticipation of seeing friends, meeting new teachers, and getting to know the way around the buildings outweighed the jitters. It was so  nice to enjoy the morning ride with each of them. And, they both found friends right away upon arrival - they were able to jump out of the car and meet up. It was perfect!
While they were being educated, I enjoyed a fantastic day with my Mom!! Yay for Girl Time!! We were not out and about very long, but it was just so good to be with her - shopping - once again. She had some errands to accomplish, and I was there to help her out. Totally fun.
Pickup of the kids was a breeze. I wasn't too sure how the Junior High dismissed the non-bus riders, but it actually worked great. Less complicated and time consuming than the other schools thus far. Yay! My girl hooked up with her cousin after school as they found each other on the sidewalk waiting for their Moms. It was fun to see them together. They don't have classes together, or lunch, or pass in the hall, so to see their smiling faces and laughter together was a great way to end their day.
My son came across the courtyard for pickup with his Trumpet case in hand and a smirk on his face. I knew right away that he had had a great day! I am so happy. He is only 1 of 2 Trumpet players so far in his class; maybe others will switch or make decisions to play Trumpet. He learned the ropes of the cafeteria, walking his hallway routes, and learning all the rules and regs of his teachers. The bonus is that he has a great core group of boys in all of his classes, so he's off to a great start.
Ahh, Zoo-Wee-Mama I have a Middle Schooler, and Yowza I have a Junior Higher!!! What a great start!

No comments: