Monday, September 3, 2012

Last. Day. Of. Summer.

It was all going well today ...

until ...

I mentioned the academic side of starting school tomorrow.

Oh, I am not ready for academics: homework, test preps, projects. I know it is not my academics, but I feel for my kiddos schedule when they have this on their plate. My hubby and I are their biggest cheerleaders, and we support all-things-academics ... so while we may not be the ones with pencil or computer in hand, we feel it too.

After my snaffu of stating the obvious - we quickly focused back on the fun of starting school. Friends, school spirit, activities, games, and all the good things that are in store for school-life as a tween and teen.

We ran final errands today, swung by our RV to add some things we have selected from the house to outfit the start of our adventures, and the kids volunteered and teamed up to wash and vacuum both of our cars. It was a fun morning and afternoon of taking care of business as a family, and prepping for the new school year.
Goodbye, Summer!
Hello, School!

No comments: