I found a new blog that I just completely enjoy reading. The author just started writing and I am already hooked. She is starting her freshman year at my alma mater and she is writing about her experiences; and it is bringing back alllll the memories of college. Love it!
I met my best college friend for lunch today. Jennifer is one of my close friends that I can share every-thing-with and have deep conversations about every topic. We were college wing-mates and she was a sophomore when I entered as a freshman. I remember our first meeting was at 3:12 am when the upperclassmen woke up the freshmen with bull horns and screams and banging of doors for the Freshmen Initiation during the first nights at school.
Jennifer was the perky girl sitting on the arm rest of the sofa that was in the dorm lounge. She was perky. Really awake and excited and energetic. I was tired and confused like the rest of my group, and I remember staring at her and wondering how she could be so awake and active at 3:12 am. At the time, I did not know that she is the ideal example of a night owl (even to this day). But she intrigued me and I had to get to know this life of the party person.
Over time we got to know each other and ended up falling into the same Major (BA in Communications with a Public Relations emphasis). We started to study together, which lead to deep talks, which lead to a strong friendship that has lasted 18 years! We live about 45 minutes apart, but that has not hindered our email time, phone time, play dates, and one-on-one lunch dates.
Sharing our individual life's journey has been so rewarding; to see my friend grow from the perky 3:12 am college girl to a great wife and successful mother of two. As I read my new blog-find, the flood of college memories surround me, I think of all the amazingly fun memories, the friendships I made, with warm nostalgia.
No comments:
Post a Comment