Speaking of the hands-on approach, our son found like little hermit crab on the beach's tide pool this summer. The Naturalist, who came out to protect the tide pool and educate the visitors, allowed my son to pick up this little critter. Although my son was very serious about his job, he was also beaming! I wish we would have captured his face too. Anything-animal, and he is there and willing to participate.
*If you look close on the left side of the photo you will notice a crab skeleton. I hadn't noticed that when we were there; amazing what shows up in a picture.
1 comment:
oh my goodness, kids touch the sickest things. I used to catch tad poles, lizards, worms and salamanders. They are so gross to me now, i couldn't stand the thought of having to touch them now. Maybe a tad pole would be ok.
Post a Comment