The weather is gorgeous outside, warm sun, and blue sky. I know that it is not true in many parts of the country right now, so I am really being particularly appreciative because I know "our day is coming". So, rather than writing a lengthy post at my desk, I am grabbing this recipe to share for those stuck in the rain and needing a delicious pick-me-up.
It is a recipe I enjoyed before braces ... and will completely enjoy post braces. It is extreme-yum and completely e-a-s-y. My favorite combo.
*Gooey Turtle Bars:
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 cups (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup pecan pieces
1 (12 oz) jar caramel sauce
Combine crumbs and melted butter in an ungreased 13x9 pan; stir and press firmly into bottom of pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and pecans.
Remove lid from caramel sauce and microwave on High 1 to 1.5 minutes or until hot; stirring after 30 seconds. Drizzle over pecans. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until chips are melted. Let cool in pan on a wire rack. Chill at least 30 minutes, cut into bars.
Yield: 2 dozen.
*Southern Living: Our Best Easy Weeknight Favorites
2 comments:
Wow, that does sound good and easy. I will have to file that away for a rainy day. (Yes, we have a rainy day today, but I've already braved the grocery store once...no more! lol.)
sounds awsome. Too bad I never have time to cook. Or should I say...never take time to cook?
Post a Comment