I could get used to these ~ Pedicures. I was gifted a very generous pedicure gift certificate from my sister in law and her family for my birthday. I have been waiting for the perfect opportunity to cash it in. Part of the wait too has been because the weather has been so yucky, I didn't want to waste the fun by pulling a sock and shoe over the top.
Today, and the coming week, shows flip flop worthy weather. Today was also the last full day of school for my kiddos. What better way to spend my last moment of alone time than with a pedicure.
I know that my daughter has had more pedicures in her lifetime than I - and she's only twelve. My only excuse is that I tend to spoil myself on other items, not leaving room to include a spoil of a pedicure. Example, my last pedicure was my first pedicure, and it happened to be with the sister in law that treated me to today's lovely day. That was about nine years ago. We had gone in together to get pedi's before we vacationed on a lakeside house as an extended family.
Today I sat in the massage chair with music softly playing through the speakers, the sun drifting through the windows, enjoying my feet pampering and thought, "Oh yes, I could get used to this!" Maybe I will cut back on my other spoils and start doing this more often.
Still feeling the mint tingle on my feet an hour later, I picked up my girl from school. Her first comment, "Mom, that is the color you always wear. Why didn't you go crazy?" Because my dear chicka, I don't do this often enough, I don't know when I'll be doing it again, and I wanted the safe route in something I know I would love. Next time, -k?
Because, oh yes, there will be a next time ...

2 comments:
That was a nice b-day gift. Love the color.
That's cute - my girls always give me a hard time about picking the same boring colors - red or a neutral pink.
Post a Comment