We have finally seen the warm temps that we have been longing for since that one week last July. That's right, July!!! We had a mild summer last year, a wet and cold winter and spring, and we are ready for warm!
I like what my SIL said a week ago when we were complaining about the weather. She said, "Ya' know, maybe we should all just accept that we live in a cold-state and stop complaining, and waiting for, the sun and warmth. When it happens, it will just be a nice surprise. But maybe we shouldn't expect it to happen." I think she's right. I think the waiting and complaining make it worse. But goodness - when the sun and warm show up - it is fantastic!!!!
This was our yesterday. Our today will look very similar.
A neighbor girl and her friend set up a Lemonade Stand. My son, without being asked or it being suggested, ran into the house and returned with a bunch of quarters. He ran down the street to the girls, and walked back with two cups of Lemonade. He handed it to two friends. He went back and purchased two more cups, came back and handed to two more friends. Before you knew it - all the kids had lemonade compliments of my son. The kids' face were surprised as they were handed a lemonade cup from my son. I just sat back and gave a little Thank You Prayer that my son gets it.
Later, when the kids were still outside, and I went in to grab a new set of laundry from the kids' rooms - I noticed my son's bed. His bank was spread out across his blanket in a frantic lay-out of coins and bills. He even used his own money, not the stash of coins we have in a jar in the pantry. My heart melt all over again.
My girl had fun hanging out with friends on the block. Which included some down time to read and enjoy the shade, while the other friend had to take a break for therapy work on her ankle (athletic injury). I like how the girls are similar in the sense that they can be enthusiastic and active together - and then just chill out with out having to leave.


2 comments:
Are they stretched out on the street? Doesn't look too comfortable to me. I like a nice deck chair.
How thoughtful of your son.
Tina - oh yes, just stretched out on beach towels on the cement ... they truly must have bodies of youth because I too could not find that "comfortable" or "able" to do for long. =)
Post a Comment