Finally, the sun came out and stayed for the entire day today. It was fantastic!
While the kids enjoyed some outside time, I busied myself on the inside with lots of laundry as I packed my son for his 5th grade camp that happens this week. He leaves bright and early on Wednesday to return on Friday, just fourteen hours prior to our family leaving for our Spring Break get-away. This means that my son has to be packed for Camp, and a week's vacation, prior to Monday when his camp bag is due at the school.
But I was able to join the outside world later in the day when our family went to the ballpark to cheer on my daughter's friend (she always corrects me and says, boyfriend. It's true, but I just can't say that as easily as she can.).
We have always been a baseball family, so to get us to support a friend on the diamond is an easy sell for us to accept the invite. His team did well; won the first game, ended the second game in a tie, tournament play will continue tomorrow. This kid is fast no matter his position or what he's doing. He can run fast, pitch fast, hit the ball with power, and has an accurate throw. Talented. I can see why he is on a select team.
Hooray for Spring Ball - and the weather cooperated!
Parental Comments about the boyfriend? She has good taste ~ there's been no reason not to give him a thumbs up.
2 comments:
Ugh - she's growing up and in junior high. Can't you just want to stop the clock?
Tina - I wish I could stop the clock. Seeing Francie with her first born, ahhhh, makes me want to enjoy it all over again. I have enjoyed every stage of their childhood, but there are days it would be fun to hold that baby, and play with that toddler. I guess that is what Grandparenthood is all about - reliving the beauty of those years.
Post a Comment