Tuesday, March 6, 2012

March Snow

I had a screaming headache last night. I tend to get those when the weather changes; air pressure and me have never mixed (one of the reasons why I truly do not love to fly, but for the sake of an adventure on the other side I drudge through). Last night I tucked myself into bed shortly after my kiddos retired and checked my email from my cell phone.

This morning, having my cell next to my bed which is not routine for me, I checked into Facebook to find a variety of comments from my local friends about the overnight snowfall. Hmm, I thought. Then it dawned on me to check outside my window.
Our house January Snow Storm 2012
Sure enough - we got snow. What?! Where have I been to not have been aware of this coming?

It covered the ground a good inch, but nothing on any roadways or sidewalks. It was snowing when both kids trek'd off to school. It was pretty; for winter.
Ice Storm January 2012
By ten-thirty it had melted and the sun is now showing in full. Yay! I prefer this view much better. I am wishing for Tulips and Daffodils, crisp mornings, and warmer afternoons, daylight until 7p, and short sleeves with capris ... yes, I want SPRING!!!

1 comment:

Tina in CT said...

The ice covered branches are so pretty.