Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day Birthday, Mom!!!

Mom,

I don't think we have ever celebrated your birthday with snow falling outside our windows. A Leprechaun's way of creating mischief to your already jumbled up year. Or as my hubby said, "Nothing better than a white March 17th St. Paddy's Day Birthday!"  All we can do is laugh, right?

We are looking forward to celebrating one of the milestone birthdays with you and the family tonight. I am very grateful that our family is so tight ~ a priority that you and dad have always given to us by always being there for each of us since day one. You two are the least selfish people in this world. It makes being together such a celebration.

I know the past four and a half months have been perhaps one of biggest hurdles for you in a very long time. But I want to share that you have handled it all with grace and spunk. You are amazing. You have conquered the long wait, and now it is your time to shine through the hard work you've already started to get back to where you were pre-November. You got this, Mom!!

Tonight we will do a jig in celebration of YOU. The most beautiful, fun, creative, good humored, genuine, happy, and loving mom and friend that I have the pleasure of doing life with - I Love You so very much!!

Cheers to a great year, Mom!!

Happy Birthday!! 
xoxo

2 comments:

Tina in CT said...

A beautiful birthday tribute to your mom. Have a wonderful family celebration tonight.

Mary Kathryn said...

I agree with Tina. Beautiful tribute. You are a wonderful daughter. And, sing it with me, "I'm dreaming of a white St. Patty's Day birthday!" (so the rhythm leaves something to be desired but it hopefully still made you laugh!)