The temperature has dipped to the teens around here, and while the current temp shows 26 it feels like 19, and this is all unusual for us. We are enjoying the change in weather pattern, but that does not mean that if this continues, that I will continue to stand by that opinion.
It was gorgeous yesterday. The beautiful white flakes fell all day and throughout the night. The overcast sky was thick with snow clouds; the grey kind that look socked in and your excitement grows as you wonder how long could it possibly last. Well, all day.
Our school district called before bedtime to announce the closure of school today. That caused for celebration. We snuggled up on the couches together with the fireplace lit, chatted, and watched Dancing With The Stars, an event that we rarely do as a family, while we let the kids stay up later than normal. Our landscape lights picked up the snow falling outside; it was so magical.
Today brought the sun and clear blue skies. Gorgeous and breathtaking all at once. The kids have played and sled.
My girls and I took a walk through the larger neighborhood that we connect with. Cora started off strong and enjoyed the walk and lasted longer than I had anticipated.
On our trek home, an hour later, she looked like she was limping. We stopped and she patted my leg with her paw - something that she does when she wants attention. So I picked up my 20 pounds of fur and we walked home like that. I got my workout for the day and she was feeling like a Princess. No worries, however, because she immediately asked to go in our backyard when we returned. Little stinker. But I'd do it again.
I am grateful that we live in the part of the country where we have different seasons to enjoy. It breaks up the routine, causes one to pause and enjoy family and friend time. Otherwise, today we would've been scurrying from one event to the next being crazy-busy.
The snow has made us stop. And enjoy.
The temps are in the teens, but our hearts are warm with snow-happy!
2 comments:
Really freaky weather for Nov. for your part of the country. Sure is cold there but you didn't get much snow. When it snows all day like that here in CT, it means over a foot of snow. It was unusually warm here today and was suppose to hit 60. It's changing in the night and cold for tomorrow.
It looks like you all had a great day outside. Perhaps Cora's paw pads hurt from the cold. She needs dog booties.
I agree - for a day's worth of snow we did not get as much as you would expect, but still "a lot" for us. =) My daughter and I were thinking about the dog booties. She has a dog coat, but I think booties are needed more. I wonder if she would tolerate them...
Post a Comment