Friday, November 19, 2010

Game Night!

Recently my children and I have been in the game mode of Bananagrams. A quick paced game that is similar to Scrabble, wherein the lettered tiles are used to spell words.

There are several variations to play, but we so far have been using the traditional play where the one who wins is the player with out tiles, and the tiles remaining in the dump pile are less than the number of players. My daughter is good at this game, and my son comes out with a good attitude, but usually finishes with a request to join a partner.

Either way, we've been having fun. If someone is looking for a great game to gift for Christmas, this would be the one. Easy to set up, portable, and less than $15, the receiver will have a lot of fun with your unique gift.
Tonight we are carving out time to include dad. For some reason I have a feeling that he will be very good at this game. He is quick witted and knows a lot of play on words, so for some reason it seems like his vocabulary would be bigger to get the tiles down faster. I seem to have the most trouble in the organization of my tiles. I'll be interested to see how my husband plays his words - maybe I'll get some tips.

Off to the table for Family Game Night!  It's supposed to snow between now and tomorrow mid-afternoon ... we'll be sneaking peaks out the window waiting for that first flake to fall while keeping our fingers crossed.

2 comments:

Tina in CT said...

My daughter and family love that game. On one of her trips here, she bought every one the local toy store had to bring back to Moscow. I've never played it though.

Rachael said...

We love Bananagrams, and play it all the time.