My oldest niece with long blond hair that has the perfect texture and shine, and fun clothes that she wears well, is looked up to by my daughter as many younger cousins do to the older ones.
While we were not together with that side of the family for Thanksgiving, my daughter happened to see a picture of this cousin the next day. She got real close to the computer screen and marveled at the lock of curls that she had been wearing for Thanksgiving. My girl was dreamy about those curls.
So Saturday I curled my girl's hair. It turned out really cute:
And on Sunday my side of the family gathered again, but this time at our house. My daughter's other two cousins arrived with curls in their hair too!! It was a screaming fest of delight because the girls had not (surprisingly) texted each other to share the curly hair story. It just worked out that way. My girl's locks had been worn all day and was deflating - hence her hope for getting a supposedly awesome curler in the Conair Infiniti like all her cousins.
The story continues that the two sister cousins that came over last night, had seen my daughter's cousin with the curly Thanksgiving hair on Friday night, when she was still sporting the curls. They too were inspired.
So, Curls for all! What a fun way to grow up - surrounded by girl cousins the same age that delight over the simplest of things ... Curls!!!



4 comments:
Oooooooooooweeeeeeeeee!! LOVE LOVE LOVE The curls!!! SOOOO CUTE! ♥
They all look cute with the curls. The younger cousin has hair that sure took the curl. Did the girls use the curling iron? I'd have had it all tangled in my hair when it was long if I'd attempted that.
Love the curls. Very cute. I also love that the cousins delight in copying each other's style.
I love curls in Katya's hair too, but they are VERY hard to achieve. Her hair is stick straight and baby fine. We have to use the overnight spongy or rag curlers and lots of hair spray. Kristen, on the other hand, has naturally wavy hair and she's going through a stage where she straightens it every morning.
Rachael - I can relate to Kristen as I have enough wave/curl in my hair too. Nothing like product placement in a blog, but maybe check out Conair's Infiniti - it is cone shaped with no spring-loaded handle. You just wrap the hair around the cone and the high-temp makes it work on even "stick straight, baby fine" hair. Seems like we always want the hair that we were not given - I want straight, my girl wants curly. Sounds like maybe it's the same with your girls. =)
Post a Comment