On her seventh birthday she received a Just Like Me American Girl Doll. Naming her Jennea, she now has loved two girls equally from that day forward.
This summer she came across information about the new online feature of a virtual university through American Girl. Every new doll comes with a private access code to play. Along the same concept of Webkinz, but a human-version with the parental thumbs up on the morales and values of the American Girl company that continues to exist in the virtual world.
For my daughter's 12th birthday she received her third girl, Becca, and now loves her three equally.
And - not missing a beat - my son picked up the box and enjoyed some kind-hearted brotherly kidding about all the fun of the American Girl craze.
With all this pre-training that my daughter is giving herself in imaginary play of having dolls as "children", I am looking forward with confidence to the chapter in her life when these faux kiddos became real for her. I embrace my daughter's enjoyment of imaginative play, of dolls, and even virtual worlds of just having fun. She works so hard in her academics and extra activities, that I am so glad she takes time to be a kid too.
Capturing the American Girl's of my girl so we don't forget this part of growing up in the early years of the 2000's.
3 comments:
I've been to the NYC AG store quite a few times with my daughter and granddaughters, shopped 'till we dropped and had lunch in their cafe. This summer my older granddaughter and I spent two days in Boston and on our way home, we went to the new store outside of Boston so she could get a doll.
I am heavily into AG because of my grandchildren. Katya got her first doll for her 4th birthday (Kaylee). Between Katya and Natalia, they can open their own store as Santa, their parents, my ex and Grandma Streusel (that's moi), they get lots of AG things. Everything AG stands for is wonderful, the history it sparks and imaginative play. I just love it and am sad that Katya will soon be outgrowing it. She's more into dolls than her soon-to-be 8 year old younger sister so once Katya no longer is into it, Natalia will follow suit.
So glad to see that your daughter still is fond of her AG dolls.
The new online play is fantastic.
My granddaughters have the dolls of the year and historic dolls (and most of the "trappings").
Love it all.
Very sweet pictures of your daughter and her prize dolls.
Looking forward to American Girls for my little one! We have the AG store in Chicago, so I'm sure my future will include a trip there with my daughter :) Can't wait!
Loved looking at the pics of your daughter with her dolls throughout the years. So special :)
We love our Bitty Babies and American Girl dolls! Sometimes I wonder who loves them more...the girls or me?hee hee:)
Post a Comment