Sometimes we just don't look at the big picture. These people seem to be oblivious to the Bisons which stand way too close behind them. Apparently, they are intent on the Bison off in the distance to the right.
Being aware of your surroundings is one lesson you must adhere to while in Yellowstone. While my husband's dream of fishing Yellowstone became a reality this summer, I was point guard doing 360 spins to make sure a wild animal didn't have the same idea, at the same time, at the same location.
Case in point: we were driving down the road when this fellow decided to become my leader. He popped out of the dry grassland on my left and kept going down the road in my lane. Do you see the line of cars at the pull out? They were standing outside their vehicles in deep study of the open plains below on a heard of massive Elk.
The coyote walked right behind the other side of the cars. They had not a clue.
As I prepare for the new school year with a first-time Middle Schooler and a 4th grader, I am required to look at the big picture. Scheduling, logistics, bedtimes, and family times. I have to view it all, or we could get bit in the buns rather quickly with over-scheduling, and not working as a team.
As much as I'd like to stare off in the distance and enjoy my happy-place filled with relaxation and peace, I can't. I have to be in the here and now and on track. Making sure lurking adventures are ready to be conquered with success. I claim to be ready.





2 comments:
Well said. Thanks for the reminder. I am not good at looking at the big picture, usually, but your gorgeous pics from this post will hopefully spark something within me this school year.
OMG! Those people are sooooo close to the bison! I'd have been a total wreck if I'd turned around and seen them.
The coyotte is really pretty. Would they attack a human?
Post a Comment