Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Just Sayin'

I interrupt my scheduled Yellowstone Vacation storytelling to bring you this message.

Apparently there is a reality television show on a music entertainment channel titled J*ersey S*hore which follows eight young house mates vacationing on resorts along J*ersey S*hore. The cast members of this reality show are to work at various boardwalk t-shirt shops, performing tasks set by the manager, and failure of performance equals elimination.

I only know this because I used Google to look it up.

Why did I care to look it up? Because I overheard that one of the characters on this reality show was a kid referred to as the S*ituation (yes, as you've guessed, I really don't want the world to look up this blog while Googling to fill up my inbox with spam messaging).  I guess he has the abs-of-steel and all that. That is why he is called the S*ituation.

Do you know how much S* makes?  He is set to make, through endorsements and payment per episode, five million dollars. That is not a typo. 5 Million Dollars. For possessing rock-abs on a reality television show about kids on a beach working t-shirt shops.

Here is a situation ... let's do a reality television show about the real world. How about a reality show about life in the poorest of countries who struggle to survive on a daily basis due to malnutrition, HIV/AIDS, malaria, killings, being orphaned or widowed with no income.

How about a reality show featuring my sponsored child through Wiphan, who only gets to attend school at the age of 11 because I am helping fund the monthly cost.  About her mother who is a widow. About the fact that my child probably only eats a "nourished meal" while at school with the odds that she has no shoes and walks over rocks and dirt and muck cutting up her bare feet easily inviting disease and infections.

Or a reality show about the killings and rape in the African Congolese villages.

Or a reality show about the daily life of an orphan grouped with seventy-plus other children being cared for by someone who are not their mother or father in an institution set apart from the rest of their society.

Let's talk about a Real Situation ... the Reality show that is worth every dollar to help the error of a real Situation.

"Once our eyes are opened, we can not pretend we do not know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our soul knows we know and holds us responsible to act. Proverbs 24:12"

Just sayin' .... the real situation is currently not on any entertainment network.  The real situation is in the real world right now. Help.

To get you started:
Wiphan
Sole Hope
Sixty Feet
Serving His Children
BrightPoint for Children
All God's Children International
Compassion International

1 comment:

Tina in CT said...

It shows how warped things are when people are starving and without a bed when jerks make that kind of money for a reality show.