Friday, May 7, 2010

Tribute to Moms

This weekend I will be celebrating my mom.
My best girlfriend.
The one I can still share my worries and fears.
The one I can share all of my triumphs,
and my children's and husband's secret thumbs up celebrations.
The one I turn to when I know the had to be there moments
would be completely understood.
The one whom I can spend hours upon hours
talking and laughing.
The one whose true beauty shines inside
and out.
The one who knows how to pamper others
with out making a fuss or over kill.
The one who humbly cares about bringing joy to others,
in all the perfect little things that she does.
A warrior.
A comedian.
A sweetheart in the truest sense.
My mom.
So Thankful.

I will also be thinking of the moms in my life who are celebrating this weekend perhaps in a more subtle way. My childhood friend who passed away leaves her mother; my friend's husband passed away leaving his wife and small children.  Those two mom's are strong.  They are rejoicing for all the blessings they received while their loved ones were together with them, and who continue to nurture and give love to their remaining family.

I think of my friends who are adopting children, and those who are ready to give birth to their first child.  They are celebrating their first Mother's Day with their new blessings, and celebrating in the very near future seeing their child for the first time.  Their Mother's Day takes on a whole new theme this year.  Celebration and newness.

I recognize that some of my friend's role as mothers may be changing.  Soon they will kiss their children goodbye to join the ranks of adulthood in far away places of college and travel adventures.  Perhaps they will no longer be a daily mother, but a mother of mentoring and friendship. Their weekend takes on a new form of a bitter-sweet Mother's Day as high school graduation rapidly approaches.

To those who have lost their mother, my friends will be shadowing a different feeling of celebration.  One filled with lasting and final memories, no more to be carved.  Honoring her vision, courage, and love for her family. A new meaning of Mother's Day will take shape for them as they continue to grow, and I will keep them close in my prayers.

For all my friends who have wonderful children that make our life happy and exciting, sharing in their lives of success and childhood funnies, thank you for being part of my life.  The wisdom and knowledge which you share through your examples of being a wonderful mother, confident, caring, and giving, make our world better because you care.

To my children and husband, whom I know will shower me with love on Mother's Day by just being with me and being themselves. For I truly love you from the depth of my heart and with all that I know how to give back.  The day I became a mom, twice over, was the absolute best days of my life.  I have learned so much about myself, about the world, about our family for having your love and care surround me every. single. day. I love you!!!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY WEEKEND!!!  WISHING YOU JOY AND LOVE!

(I will be back Monday)

4 comments:

Tina in CT said...

Just beautiful!

knitknerd said...

Beautiful tribute to moms!

Shanna said...

You sound like Oprah! You should have your own talk show!!! Did you write that mom poem?? AMAZING!!!!

Kathy said...

Very well written - Happy (belated) Mother's Day to you! :)