Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Gotta Be The Krispies

My son came home with a bruise on his eye; a recess mishap with a jump rope and a game of helicopter. Nothing a school nurse could not handle, but the soreness made him play the I would like to skip card on swim practice. He stayed home with dad to chill on our backyard swings while garden progress continued.

My daughter does not eat Wheaties, but you would have thought she was in a Wheaties commercial by the way she swam. She opts for a bowl of Rice Krispies before we leave.

The only girl at practice, she out beat the boys by half a pool length (one time the entire pool length) during the entire 30 minutes session. Crawl stroke, breast stroke, butterfly, back stroke ~ you name the drill and she was off the wall gliding across the water, bouncing off the wall to return, stopping at the end, flipping up her goggles, looking around with a look of "Okay, what's next."

I wish I had my camera; my video. I would send it in to Krispies marketing.

No comments: