Today I have been gone all day and it is amazing how my house is a disaster. There was nobody home to mess it up. The kids were at school, after which one was whisked off to my parent's for a play date, while the other in dance classes, all of us returning home within minutes of each other. Which means that just 12 hours ago that it looked this bad and I hadn't noticed. Or maybe it was that I hadn't cared. One of the two. But I know what it means for this weekend.
My son was chef tonight. Fixing stop light cookies from his Better Homes and Gardens Snack Attack Cookbook with my mom. Following it up with steamer clams and cod and veggies for dinner. He was in food heaven being the center of attention as Chef with his Mono and Grandad and making his favorite recipes. He came home wound up with excitement and talking nonstop. He is only quiet now because a toothbrush is in his mouth. Oh, oops, there he goes again.
My daughter had a great night in dance classes too. Coming out with red cheeks and sore feet; always a good sign that she worked hard. They are ramping up for the end of the year recital in June. They are performing Charlie and the Chocolate Factory complete with the Chimney Sweepers (her jazz class) and Gumdrops (her ballet class). The costumes are beyond fancy and sparklie neat. It is a huge deal and the parents are banned from seeing the dances until dress rehearsal on stage. It is fantastic for everyone.
Which leaves me to report about my equally fabulous day; hanging out with my mom laughing and gabbing like two school girls. She is a fun friend and a super cool mom. Can't share all the 411 that we talked about because it would totally get lost in translation (insert laughing so hard we had tears rolling down our cheeks), but having her my pal is the best!
So, tomorrow while I'm picking up the pace of my household, I'll be doing it with a smile knowing that today was an optimum day to skip responsibility because we all had a good day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment