In typical fashion the sunshine appeared the day of 4th of July and has remained. Summer has finally arrived! But that did not stop us from traveling to our favorite local vacation spot to soak up more soaring temps and yellowness. A two hours drive away and we were living in mid-90 temps for a three day weekend.
We enjoyed hikes and fishing not far from our condo, and of course the outdoor pool. The beauty of this vacation was that it truly was a vacation. We've been here so many times, we didn't feel like we had to take in everything that this great place has to offer. This time around we were all about relaxing. Taking it slow.
My son and I enjoyed a late night walk through the adorable town we vacation in twice a year. We came upon this empty carton on the outside ledge of the candy store. This brought back memories of my childhood. Odd, I know, but as a kid it truly was 'fun'.
My mom allowed my brother and I to walk the mile stretch of the two lane road to the 7-11 Convenience Store with our friends. Looking back - it was a crazy idea. The well traveled road barely had a shoulder, and in today's standards would never fly for a parent to allow. But we survived with no glamorous story to share - other than we did it!
The purpose of the 7-11 Summer Walk was to purchase Slurpee's and candy. I can't remember all the different candies that we always purchased, except for Gobstoppers, hot cinnamon flavors, and of course Lucky Lights Bubble Gum.
These sticks of faux cigarettes blew out puffs of powdered sugar. About three puffs worth but it was on the "cool factor chart". Then you would unroll the cigarette and chew the bubble gum stick.
My son experienced the purchase of Lucky Lights the next day before we packed up and left town. It is just so "wrong" to see your child enjoying this unique candy - so crazy, no words really. And definitely no pictures to share - just the memory.
On our drive home the kids zonked out - it had been a full weekend of sun and play. They woke long enough to enjoy seeing this sunset to mark the ending of our weekend.
Gorgeous!
1 comment:
Is the same town where you saw the outdoor play last summer?
If I remember correctly, it has a Bavarian therem.
I'm not a fan of temps that high and we had some the past two weeks.
I don't remember those candy cigarettes. The ones we had were in a cigarette style box but just a hard, dull finish candy.
Post a Comment