Today is my dad's birthday! I like his summer birthday because it always brings out the good weather for family time with an outdoor activity. This year we celebrated it few days early during our camping adventure with him.
My son was the Master Chef for the party and fixed individual Macaroni and Cheese meals for everyone over the campfire. Those were very easy and tasty good. He enjoyed every minute of the cooking away from home.
My daughter had made brownies she brought from home and saved the decorating until we were camped. I like how you can feel and see the love she put into her decorating. She was excited for this surprise. The brownies were so moist; she did fantastic!
My mom made goody-bags for fun and brought them along for the camping birthday party. We were not certain how the party hats were supposed to be assembled and worn, so we created our own way. My husband looks like a secret spy from Mission Impossible ... or a flunky from the Corps.
My dad is just plain fun. He knows how to relax and enjoy his surroundings.
He is multi-talented in the kitchen at home and around a camp stove.
He is quick-on-his-feet and has a great sense of humor.
He knows how to fish and try new things.
He loves his wife, his dog, his grandkids, and his children to the moon and beyond. My dad is a good friend.
He is a one-of-a-kind that I hold dear to my heart and love with all that I have to give. My buddy. My dad.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAD!!! I LOVE YOU!!! XOXOXO



2 comments:
What a sweet post to your dad. You are a wonderful daughter, I'm sure.
You make camping look very fun! (I am admittedly not much of a camper...but maybe I just don't have the right tools! :))
Post a Comment