Friday, April 3, 2009

Kicking it off right

Count down to Spring Break has begun and I have kicked it off on the right start. This morning I had a coffee date with my friend at Starbucks. While we both do not drink coffee, we certainly enjoy the ambiance and the coffee smell that sticks to our clothing when we depart. We laughed our morning away. It was great.

Then, I jumped in my car and went up the street to my next destination, Red Robin, to meet my dad for lunch. We have not lunched in so long, by ourselves. Usually my mom is with us or the kids. But today, it was just daddy-daughter time and we had a good chat and a yummy lunch. My dad is the kinda guy who is just easy to talk to. He listens well and shares his stories and thoughts to keep the conversation going; he has always been a good conversationalist. We both left stating that we needed to do that more often; just the two of us.

Now there is just an hour or so left in the school day and then Spring Break begins. While others are off chasing the sun with friends and family, we are staying home to Staycation our Spring Break. Now, leading up to today I thought this was a great idea ... and then I watched In The Motherhood on ABC last night. They mocked the family Staycation in their funny theatrics, and after hearing of another couple skipping town as the rain poured outside my window just minutes before turning on the show, I looked at my husband with a wince at our decision.

But, then I woke up to this fun day with my friend and my dad, the sun started to shine, and things were actually looking really good. I am back to feeling great about our Staycation, so much so that I am locking up my blog and taking a break. This is what I would be doing if I were jumping on a plane, so I am doing the same to concentrate on our family, myself, and enjoying every minute of our break from the ordinary.

While I will read my email (come on, I can't give up all communication!) I will not read, comment, or write in blog world until the kids return to school on the 13th. By then I envision I will be full of blog worthy entries with lots of interesting photos of our Staycation!!

Happy Spring, Happy Easter, Happy Spring Break!!

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Enjoy your Staycation! Everything will all still be here when you get back.

crispy said...

Have a wonderful time as a family at the best location...right in your own home.

Lori said...

Enjoy the break, I know it will be hard for you!