You can read about our first few days of adventure to California on my other blog: Paws for Independence. The purpose of our trip was to Turn-In Haddie to CCI for Advanced Training. We had overheard the locals say that the weather was unseasonably nice - it was the mid-70's during our entire trip, and started raining and snowing the day after we left California. Perfect timing!
The days following the Turn-In, we spent touring Napa Valley and San Francisco. Before leaving our house, I had not planned anything specific for that portion of our trip. I didn't mark any directions, any landmarks, nothing. I just knew how long it would take to get from our hotel to the city of Napa, and the city of San Francisco. It was realistic to stay in one place, so we made home at the Double Tree Hilton in Rohnert Park.
From there, we let Doris - our phone's navigation system that we named and use often - to guide us through our destinations. She didn't fail us. We had a wonderful day on Saturday touring Wine Country. It felt so great to enjoy the warmth of the sun. While I am not a wine connoisseur, I appreciate the smell of a vineyard, the landscape, and ambiance. It is a happy place, and I would love to live on a Vineyard in Napa. It would just be an amazing way to spend a life. It is so peaceful. I didn't want the sun to go down, I didn't want to leave.
Sunday brought us to San Francisco where we spent some time finding the hot spots of their City's Row Houses; Full House, Mrs. Doubtfire, and the High School shown on Princess Diaries. We tried for the Fire House in Princess Diaries where Amelia lived, but as we neared the highway headed to Oakland, we chickened out and dumped that idea. We added it to the list for "next time".
We were limited to one day in San Fran, so we had to be picky this time around. However, knowing this will be a yearly adventure (for as long as we Puppy Raise with CCI), we knew that we could spread out our sight seeing list. There is so much to see and do in San Fran, that it is nice that we have the opportunity to return regularly to get it all accomplished at a leisurely pace.
The row house and architecture were my favorite parts of San Francisco during this trip. The warm sunshine helped me fall in love with this city too.
Fisherman's Wharff, Crissy Park, and the Golden Gate Bridge rounded out our day (more photos for another post). We closed down the city and drove back to our hotel in Rohnert Park happy with our first adventure, and pleased to have an additional Bucket List of where to visit on our return.
1 comment:
We lived across the Bay in Albany for the school year 1971-1972 when my ex was getting his master's degree at U of C Berkeley and our daughter was born there in February. The first time we drove across the bridge into SF, guess what song came on the radio?
We drove down Lombard street in our MGB which was neat.
I loved SF but as poor grad students, we didn't get into the city that often. No extra cash and my ex was studying all the time.
We did go to Napa one day shortly after arriving in CA but I was pregnant so wine was not on my list of approved beverages but the other 3 adults enjoyed it. Such a beautiful area.
Glad you had such a good time.
Post a Comment